I SEEK NEW WORLDS

I SEEK NEW WORLDS-
COME FOR THE RIDE































November 15, 2011

Be Thankful for something random- it will make you happier.

Despite the Christmas decorations dominating the stores Thanksgiving is in the air in NYC. Tonight a 5 year old trying to push my buttons said that he was thankful for his poo. It took me back a few years to a story I herd on a PricewatherhouseCoopers leadership development retreat. 

A young father, away from his newborn for the first time, told a story how he and his wife love changing their baby's nappy (dipper). They celebrated every poo because poo means everything is working right. The story stuck with me as I loved the way they found to take pleasure in what can be a gag worthy job. 

One of the best things I have learnt is that when I am happy I am more grateful. And that works in reverse. Being thankful makes me happier, and I think it will for you too. Happy Thanksgiving! 

2 comments:

  1. love you and your beautiful thoughts, I am so greatful to have you in my life and for the hot hot sun shining down on us in MExico. Love, light and laughter. GEm xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are feeling STUNNING Gemstar! YOU. ARE. STUNNING. xx

    ReplyDelete