I SEEK NEW WORLDS

I SEEK NEW WORLDS-
COME FOR THE RIDE































April 10, 2012

When was the last time you...

Jules set Fifi this homework for the week. When was the last time you...




No problems there.
Mmm reminds me of happy salt covered summers on the Peninsular.
TICK.
Yep.
This weekend actually, and then we talked it out. 
About a year go.
Sunday.
February- for the second time ever- it was so strange at first.
Its been a while.
Also been a while.
Constantly. More specifically; at the breakfast table this morning.
When my mama was in town.
Its been FAR too long. November 2010, due to major flight delays I scored a room at the Vancouver Airport Fairmont for a night.
Constantly thanks to Mark. Enough said.
Snowshoe Sam's @ Big White Ski Resort. Thats the primary purpose of that picnic table. I couldn't let it go to waste. 
Mmm, again far to long. I always remember the delight of finding one wild strawberry and one wild Raspberry (while trying to find the blueberry patch) and discovering the radicle different tastes they offer in their natural state. 
Does on the way to work this morning because the train was late count? If not Central Park is calling my name today. 
My favorite thing to do with my Nana when I was 3 and the plan for this summer.
Summer 2009- Camp Betsey Cox for girls.
Summer 2010
I was 5, my mums friend didn't want it in her wedding. Looking back I don't blame her. 
Tick. Often a pleasant surprise, always good learning. 
There is one in the works.
Far too long but summer is coming- I Love picnics
It hasn't been my main activity for a while but I take a moment here and there. Actually im going to take one right now...mmm sun on the back of my neck :) 
A constant work in progress. Maybe I should relax on it a little and shoot without edit like in childhood. 
Done.
Done.
Done.
I have a hand full of memories of moments like this. 
Thats the aim.
Sorrow and disappointment are ok, they will happen with the natural flow of life, I seek peace beyond them. 


I'd love to hear your answers...







3 comments:

  1. I think I got everything. Thanks for sharing this Dallas. You always manage to post some really beautiful thought provoking things. As well as sharing a little bit we may not know about the lovely person that is Dallas.

    Kate Heggie's When was the last time you...

    Always. Future Kate can worry about the tummy ache.
    Of course! Can't live next to the sea and not be a water baby.
    Yep. Because I've got lots of love and lots of someones.
    Only in the summer rains. If only to justify the puchase of those awesome boots.
    Whenever the occasion warrants it.
    Too long ago...
    Naps are essential to my EVERYDAY life.
    I plan to! Papua New Guinea here I come!!
    Yeah. Babysitting this summer. Made it look easy. Next day though i felt real old in places.
    Everyone dreads and looks forward to my mystery dinners(read as. whatever was in the fridge was thrown together) they always manage to turn out fine. Really.
    Whenever I hear music.
    Done it on my toenails.
    A couple of years ago at a hotel!! Their bathtubs are HUGE!
    Yes. its really easy to laugh when a little old lady is making a joke about farts on the bus.
    Haven't done that in a long while! Though last year I do remember picking up the camping table and holding it over my head while dancing.
    We've been growing them for years. Its always a nice challenge to be able to pick them before the birds get at them.
    Wow. What's that?
    We got a veggie garden. I'm more of a good picker than a good planter.
    Too often. Its not really intended to be ugly though, just turns out that way.
    I've been learning Japanese for a long long long time.
    Year 9
    2 years ago.
    Every year i start one, but it never gets finished because i'm to busy living it, to actually catalogue it. Yes i'm sure I'll regret it when i get Alzheimers.
    I organised one last Feb for my Aunt and Uncles birthday.
    Last week on the beach with a book.
    Promised myself I'll do it when I have kids. Got to have something embarrassing for the 18th birthday!
    Well I've kissed the seldom kissed. Who are sometimes the best kissers.
    & hugged the seldom hugged. Because its such an easy thing to do, to share a bit of yourself.
    I liberated a very unloved peach tree from the neighbours. I will love it lots.
    I will try to live life to the fullest, but I don't believe a life without regret and sorrows and disappointment is a full life. Experiencing all those is proof that you lived with strong emotions, made decisions that shaped your life, your character. If you don't know sadness, how do you recognise happiness. Thats why i will try to live to the fullest but never running away from the bad things in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate I LOVE it! Thank you so much. I wish you could see the smile on my face right now :)
      I didn't know you wrote songs in Year 9. I have this awesome image in my head of you dancing at a camp ground with a picnic table on your over your head... I want to join you one of these days.
      Your closing words are beautiful, I love that I can learn such rich lessons from a world away. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Ah year 9. When love was still young and i didn't know the meaning of cynicism. Its probably the year of high school that i truly enjoyed high school.

    "I.O.U. One Table Dance"
    Its not crayon, but it counts right?
    because yes. what else are picnic tables and camping tables for?

    ReplyDelete