I SEEK NEW WORLDS

I SEEK NEW WORLDS-
COME FOR THE RIDE































April 22, 2012

How to: Tree Hug


In celebration of Earth Day here is my 7 step process to tree hugging- mainly shared with children but good for everyone.

Step 1 Choose your tree.

Step 2 Make sure as you step towards it your not crushing plants or homes under foot.

Step 3 Wrap your arms around the tree. I like to pick a spot where I can nestle my face in without the worry of spiders crawling over me so I can get good and cosy and present.

Step 4 Say 'I love you tree' and really mean it. Be Present.

Step 5 Go very quite and wait until you can feel the tree say it back (this part is really cool. I know it sounds all hippy but if you do step 4 and 5 with sincerity a pretty cool feeling comes over you) 

Step 6 Enjoy the hug, take a moment. 

Step 7 When your ready to step away take a moment and a deep breath, smile and say thank you :) 

I make it a 3 step process for kids (step 2, 4 & 5) because they naturally get the rest.
I developed it in the swanky neighborhood of  'The Grid Streets' in LA in 2008 and have been refining it since. 

Trees are pretty awesome. 



There is a tree to be hugged under all that snow and ice. Skiing break at Big White, Canada 2010.

Here are some other ideas on how to be earth loving:

Get involved with Greenpeace- they don't take money from governments or corporations, because if they did they they couldn't tell them what to do with respect, integrity and effectiveness when it really mattered. Being able to tell the decision makers when they are being self serving at the great expense to people and the planet is important. Your money really does go to the cause and a good cause it is. They need your voice, because  they Your voice combined with the thousands of others standing with you on these very important environmental issues does make change. Like making sure whales were not hunted to extinction 20 years go. Who wants to live in a world without whales? not me- they are awesome! But without Greenpreace there probably wouldn't be any left by now. 

Celebrate Earth day with your iPhone with these Earth nurturing apps




No comments:

Post a Comment